Why I am Running
Eliminate future sole source waste management contracts.
- Revise annual budget process to include more informed input to Council and allow resident input.
- Clearly define City’s funding priorities based on critical service responsibilities:
- police, fire, ambulance, water, sewers, streets, energy (electric/gas), and health related services to include safety codes.
- Reallocate venue (sale taxes) to align with City’s priority service responsibilities.
Initiative to address needs of our children, disabled, and senior citizens.
- Reduce or eliminate unnecessary permit fees. Promote code compliance rather than code avoidance.
- Evaluation of the progress and endpoint (sales tax expenditures) for the Aviation District
- Compliance with Texas State Comptroller transparency guidelines to include:
- Monthly posting of income and listing of expenses.
- Monthly listing of Contract Services
Require yearly Council Procedural Rules training for both Council and Mayor (Prevent stagnation in Councils’ ability to act.)
- Term limits for Mayor and Council members
- Increase lead time for Council review of agenda items.
- Require solid business plans for City Enterprise operations that insure long-term sustainability without additional tax burden.
- Monthly posting of crime, fire, and emergency services, and water, road, and sewer repairs.
Address City noncompliance with municipal codes and Texas State regulations.